Sarah J. Williams is a children’s book author who has written two books, Sophia & the Dragon: Who Came for Dinner and Sophia & Mr Rocket.
She lives with her half-British, half-Swedish family in Örebro, Sweden. She has a home library with over one thousand books.
Her books are named after and based on her daughter (Sophia is her middle name). The books about Sophia contain helpful tricks, games, and stories that the author used to tell her daughter when she was little.
Writing has always been Sarah’s greatest passion. A fun anecdote is that she created children’s books before she could read herself. When she was little, she folded together paper into miniature books, drew animals, and “wrote” by using wavy lines. Then, she made up stories for the small books, telling anyone who wanted to listen.
She’s currently working on two more Sophia books. They were written in the spring of 2024 and are currently being sold to the Swedish traditional book market. They will be published and translated into English.
- One of her favourite books is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. She has reread the books numerous times and still laughs at hearing the word "yellow".
- Her favourite book series when growing up was Narnia.
- The children's book author that she looks up to the most is Julia Donaldson. She has written The Gruffalo and many other great stories for children.
- When she's not writing fiction, she's a student and works as a private tutor.
- She's fluent in English as well as Swedish.
- Her daughter has a dog called Achilles, as well as three cats.
- She used to sing in the choir but now sings on her own.
- She studied writing at The Writer's Bureau, in the United Kingdom.