I'm currently negotiating with my book publisher for my book "Sophia & the Dragon: Who Came for Dinner". There are quite a few things that I want them to do for my book:
1. Add a Look inside on Amazon
2. Translate the book into Swedish
3. E-book for Kindle, smartphone, iPad
4. Audio-book: Apple CarPlay, Google Auto, Amazon
5. Publish the book in many more countries
6. How to purchase my book on my website
7. Libraries orders the book
8. Major bookstores sell the book
9. Prices to win? Update the front of the book
10. Update book cover with critic's opinions of the book
Not all of these things can be done by the book publisher but where they can't help you they can point you in the right direction. So, if you have a book, don't be afraid to contact your publisher and see what they can do to maximise your sales.
Keep following your dreams!